The rich and exotic African Rooibos offers unexpected advantages. Both Rooibos and honeybush are free of caffeine and tannic acid. For this reason, preparation is very easy. Too much tea or longer brewing times do not have much effect and the infusion remains perfectly enjoyable.
We only import high-quality rooibos with the most thorough filtering and cleaning. Our Rooibos is repeatedly sieved so as to ensure an even and high-quality final product. We work with a “super grade” quality from cultivated growth. The needles are long and even. An indication of first quality which clearly distinguishes this tea from a “choice grade”.
Rooibos tea can be excellently improved with many different ingredients. For instance, coconut, red fruits, rose petals, safflower or sunflower blossoms are excellently set off against the thin, rust-brown, needle-like leaf. You can relish in all of our flavored rooibos teas and buy them all right here.
A little more about this amazing tea from the South African Rooibos council -
- Rooibos contains a complex and abundant blend of antioxidants.
- Rooibos is the only known source of a specifically beneficial and rare antioxidant called Aspalathin.
- Unfermented (green) Rooibos has higher levels of antioxidants than traditional, fermented Rooibos.
- The antioxidants in Rooibos are potent enough to measurably elevate the antioxidant levels in the blood, thereby boosting the body’s internal defense systems against disease. The effect peaks about one hour after drinking 500 ml of Rooibos tea.
- The antioxidant content of Rooibos also depends on the soil conditions of the region where the plant was grown, and on how the infusion was prepared, i.e. ratio of leaves to water, the temperature of the water, extraction time, stirring, etcetera.
MORE ROOIBOS HEALTH BENEFITS
- Rooibos is naturally caffeine-free (no decaffeination required).
- Rooibos is low in tannin.
- No negative effects of Rooibos have ever been recorded.
- Many people report that Rooibos relieves allergies, sleep disorders, digestive problems, and headaches. However, these claims are not yet supported by scientific research.
- Many physicians (especially in South Africa) recommend Rooibos to soothe infant colic, but no formal studies have been done on this.
- Rooibos can be enjoyed by those who want to avoid the stimulating effects of caffeine, especially late at night. Because of its zero caffeine content, Rooibos is also suitable for babies and infants, as well as for breastfeeding mothers.
- Rooibos is suitable as a fluid and electrolyte replacement for athletes.